If you've ever been to a con, you've undoubtedly journeyed into the artist alley area at some point or another. Here, artists may sell their handmade goods for their own profit, whether they make plushies, artworks, stickers, or a completely different type of product. If you are planning to buy goods from the artist alley, please be aware that artists generally accept only cash, so bring plenty of it!
To anyone interested in selling their work in the artist alley: you've come to the right place!
Watch our Facebook and Tumblr feeds for announcements regarding artist alley!
Artist Alley Registrations will open November 1st, at 10pm Central time! Mark you calendars~
Applying for a table
- Please read all of the below information before you come to the con so that there are no surprises.
- You must be preregistered to apply for a table.
- Tables are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The earlier you apply, the more chance you have of getting a table.
- The Artist Alley sign up form usually opens sometime in October. Follow us on social media to be among the first to know when it opens!
- If you are an artist selling your own work, fill out the form below and submit it to be considered for a table at Uchi-con.
- If you are a vendor and wish to sell merchandise, fill out the form below and check the "I am a vendor box". Refer to our vendor policy below for more infomation.
- There is a $20 tabling fee for the Artist Alley, which will be collected in cash the day of the convention. You may subsidize $10 of that fee by donating a unique, PG-13 piece (one that isn't for sale in your store) valued at $10, to be sold during the conventions silent auction.
- The unique piece can be any of your creations provided that it has value of about ~10.
- Just filling out the form DOES NOT mean you have been automatically accepted into the Artist Alley; we will send you an email letting you know the status of your application once our quota has been filled.
- You will be placed onto our Artist Alley waitlist if we are unable to give you a table. We will contact you offering you a spot if you are at the top of the waitlist and space becomes available.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to table at Uchi-con after being accepted, please let us know via email as soon as possible.
General Table Information
- Tables are 6' x 2.5'
- Tables are assigned convention day on a first come, first serve basis. Arrive early to get the best spot possible for your needs.
- You may have any number of people helping you man your table. All helpers must register for the convention, either by preregistering or by registering on the day.
- You may request up to 10 chairs for your table, but space behind your table is limited. Realistically, you could comfortably fit 2 chairs. You could fit 3 with some squeezing and tetris skills but it wouldn't be the most comfortable.
- We will be providing guest wifi access for artists tabling with us. Artists who wish to be signed onto the guest network must report to the Artist Alley station at the front of the AA hall to be signed in. Only one device per artist team can be signed onto the guest network. Artists are not permitted to save wifi account information. Regular con-goers cannot request access to the guest network.
- There are very few plugs in Ida Noyes. Please be prepared for this. We will not be providing extension cords or power strips. If you bring your own, please do not run them across the walkways where people can trip on them. Keep in mind that Ida Noyes is an old building and cannot handle too many electronics being plugged in at once.
- Please bring your own change. We have a limited amount and most of it is in use during the convention. We will direct you to the nearest bank if requested, but it is better to be prepared than to be late setting up.
- If you are considering selling Uchi-con branded merchandise, please contact us about it first.
- Be considerate of those around you
What to do on convention day
- Artist Alley check in begins at 8:30AM. Arrive as early as possible if you want a specific spot.
- Make sure you have either $20 in cash or $10 in cash and a unique item to cover your table fee.
- Make sure that you have adequate change on hand
- Upon arrival, head to registration to pick up your badge.
- After picking up your badge, head to the Artist Alley. Check in with the Uchi-con staff member on duty.
- You will then be welcome to select a table and set up for the day
Table Display Policy
- Uchi-con is a PG-13 convention! That means that all displayed art pieces must hold to a pg-13 standard: no excessive gore, strongly sexual content or otherwise explicit content.
- We reserve the right to ask you to take down or remove any pieces of art deemed inapproriate by Uchi-con staff.
- If you wish to sell items that violate the PG-13 standard they must be hidden from plain view and produced only upon request.
- Please do not obstruct the walkways with your displays. We reserve the right to ask you to move your displays if they are impeding traffic
- Vendors are welcome in the Uchi-con artist alley. However, because we wish to give promote local artists, vendor tables are limited to 4 total.
- If you wish to table as a vendor, please submit the artist alley form and check the "I am a vendor" button
- Our affiliation with the University of Chicago means that we will require vendors to submit further paperwork. Please contact us at ucjas@uchicon-com for extra paper work
You must create an account and log in to apply for an Artist Alley table.